- 2lbs ground turkey.
- half of a medium onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 egg
- 3-ish ounces bread crumbs
- 8 ounces mozzarella cheese, grated
- 6ish ounces pesto.
- 2 tbl savory
- Salt and pepper
- 4 slices bacon (turkey or pork)
Preheat oven to 375. Sweat onion and garlic until translucent.
Add turkey, onions, garlic, savory, bread crumbs, egg to large mixing bowl. Mix like crazy. Add goodly amounts salt and pepper.
Flatten turkey goo into a rectangular shape onto a plastic cutting board. Spread pesto over goo and sprinkle with about half the mozzarella. Roll up and put into loaf pan. Cover top with slices of bacon (long ways).
Put into oven for 50 minutes. After 50minutes, add remaining mozarella to top of loaf, turn heat up to 400 and cook until internal temperature hits 165. Remove from oven and let rest 10 minutes.
- 8 to 10 fld oz (little more than one glass) nice semi-sweet white wine.
- 3/4 c sour cream.
- 1/2 c plain yogurt
- Three sprigs fresh rosemary.
- 2 cups minced mushroom of choice (I used portabella).
- Olive oil.
Heat oil in large saucier over medium heat.. Add mushrooms and cook until they give up their juice.
Add remaining ingredients, stir well to combine. Simmer over low heat for 45 minutes. I recommend tasting regularly after 30 minutes and adding extra seasoning as needed.